SUNFLOWER AWARD

This week I'm breaking from the norm. I was nominated for a Sunflower Award by fellow author and blogger Allyn Stotz.

Thanks so much Allyn (http://allynstotz.blogspot.com/) for the nomination. It is an unexpected honor.

Sunflower Award nominees are required to share who they are with followers of their blog by following four rules: They are:
     1.     Share eleven facts about yourself
     2.     Answer the questions sent by your nominating blogger
     3.     Nominate eleven bloggers                                                            4.     Set questions for the nominated bloggers
So here goes: Eleven facts:

1. I love--love-love--love spending time with my grand kids
2. I married very young--let's see 45 years of marriage--ahh let's say I was 4? Yeah, I like 4
3. My favorite hiding place as a child was at the top of a 30 ft Fir Tree
4. My favorite sibling is my brother--Johnny (well I call him that, you have to call him John)
5. I believe in Big Foot, Aliens, and Loch Ness Monster
6. I still listen to Air Supply
7. My favorite color is red . . . or is it blue . . . or maybe purple
8. It takes a lot to get me mad, but then watch out because Mt. St. Helens learned how to blow her top from me.
9. I learned how to shoot a bow and a rifle when I was in first grade
10. My great-grandmother was a child pioneer on the Oregon Trail
11. I am a chocoholic

Questions from Allyn

1. What is your favorite thing to cook? Spaghetti and peanut butter cookies

2. Would you rather be an Avatar, a vampire, a Star Trek character, a princess in a story book, or a mermaid? Hate vampires, am a Trekkie, have watched the movie Avatar fifty times, enjoy reading about princesses in story books, but since I am afraid of the ocean why not be brave and be a mermaid.

3. Would you take a pill if it promised you the figure of your dreams? Now, how do I say this? YES!

4. How many published books would it take you to be confident in calling yourself a successful author?
It only took the publishing of my Home Day Care Handbook by Human Sciences Press in 1987 for me to realize I was an author. The release of my 2nd book this month renewed that feeling even if it was 27 years later.

5. To date, what has been your favorite blog that you've posted? The Eyes of a Child

6. If you had to pick one of the following holidays to remove from the calendar, which day would it be? Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, or Halloween. For me a holiday is just another day, but for my friends who work at 9-1-1, it would have to be the 4th of July! It's probably the busiest day of the year for the folks who answer the thousands of calls that pour in on the 4th.

7. Since you are receiving the Sunflower Award and we associate sunflowers with happy things, what makes you the happiest? Friends, family, and children. Nothing can make a person's heart sing like the smile of a child.

My Nominees (and I am only listing two):

Joy Moore of joymooreloop-de-loops and Leah of Roseswritinggarden

My Questions to you:

1. Why did you decide to write?

2. What day of the week is the happiest?

3. What does your work desk at home look like?

4. Who is your ideal reader for your blog? for your books? for your articles?

5. What makes your skin crawl at the very thought of it?

6. Do you like having your picture taken?

7. What one thing about you do you wish you could change?

That's it for this week. Join me next week for the continuation on my Child Hunger Series!




Popular posts from this blog

You Have a Right to an Education, So Use It!

Kids: Say No to Racism!

Kids: If you love dinosaurs, you will love "Dinosaur Toby:Finding Mommy"